Kallidus is looking for a highly motivated, experienced UX Designer to join our Product team.
To apply for this role, please send a completed application form with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job role: UX Designer
Reporting to: Product Manager
At Kallidus we build products that help our customers to get the most out of their most important asset, their people. Our software lets Human Resources (HR) people deliver training, monitor compliance, run performance reviews and develop talented people in their organisations.
We know there’s a massive opportunity to move beyond traditional enterprise software to a new paradigm where the systems that people use in their working lives provide the same, delightful experiences that people expect in their everyday digital lives. People no longer accept the uninspiring and difficult-to-use tools they’ve been provided with in the past. Times have changed.
At Kallidus, we’ve spent the last year building a design team to bring this vision into reality. We’ve embedded a design-centred approach to our product development that’s already set us apart from our competition and delivered great results. That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a thoughtful, empathetic and experienced UX designer to help us to carry on this work.
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference to a fast growing and ambitious company.
- Conduct research to inform design decisions. Planning and executing research projects, drawing on research from various areas of the business: analytics, customer insight, help-desk interviews and competitor analysis.
- Leading collaborative design workshops.
- Information architecture.
- Mapping customer and user journeys and developing personas.
- Sketching, concept creating and wireframing.
- Creating clickable prototypes.
- Running usability testing sessions.
- Assist in the creation of user stories to feed into a SCRUM based agile development team.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Passion for designing quality products with a great user experience.
- Awareness of key psychological principles that inform good design
- Good working knowledge of digital accessibility
- You’ll need to work with visual designers, developers, product owners, marketing, and content managers to define product experience and champion the user.
- Excellent communication skills: you will need to be able to explain, present and communicate your ideas clearly to a range of different stakeholders.
- Excellent written communication skills: ideally, you should be able write excellent digital copy and have a good awareness of tone of voice.
- A “can do” attitude and the ability to multi task on several different projects at a time in fast paced environment.
Required skills and experience
- 3+ years of UX experience
- Proven design background
- Experience of wireframing and prototyping tools (Balsamiq, Axure, OmniGraffle etc.)
- Experience of usability testing tools (Optimal Workshop, Lookback etc.)